Pages

Search blog and web

Oh it's ON

Long story short: When I was 23 I went on a radical diet change. I cut out red meat, bread, pasta, processed foods, foods high in sodium and all processed sugar. Previous to this I never ate deep fried food or drank soda. It also helped that I work a job where I walk 6-8 miles during an 8 hour work shift. In two months I went from 160lbs to 130lbs and couldn't be happier. Six months later I got pregnant, and by the end of the pregnancy I had gained 65lbs.

After the labor and losing the extra water weight I was up to 165lbs. I've been working hard to lose it, but in the last five months have only gone down to 157lbs. I had been running and watching what I eat, so I was incredibly frustrated. Finally I did what I had recommended to everyone who said they wanted to lose weight: I went to a Dietician. She analyzed my body on a special scale and told me how much muscle/water/fat I had in my body. We talked about weight loss solutions: diet pills, modified diet, liquid diet, etc. In the end we ended up agreeing that taking up a food journal was the best path. I had started one, but when I found out I was pregnant I stopped counting calories. So, I made my max calorie intake for a day 1500 calories and began monitoring it.

It has been a week since I started the journal, and so far I've lost two pounds! Lets just see how far this takes me.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment