Pages

Search blog and web

Tells me he likes me then goes cold?

I've liked this guy for a few months but I've never been 100% sure if he liked me back as he is quite hot and cold. He's also quite shy which makes it harder. Though he had told my friend that he liked me. Over the last month or so we've been seeing each other more (socially) and generally have gotten to know each other better

So the other night I went to an event and then I joined him in a bar afterwards, with a few others, and we hung out for a few hours and it was nice. The when we were about to leave he turned to me and said something like 'I'm just going to come out and say this, do you want to stay at mine tonight?'. I was pretty taken back and pretty much said no straight away and kept making excuses, as I'm not really looking for something casual which is what I would think he was implying. Then when we were walking to the taxi place I changed my mind (I thought I may as well as I'm really attracted to him) and told him that I'll come over for a bit but I won't stay. So we get to his and we sat in his room on his bed but he didn't try anything, which is what I was expecting. He was quite drunk and kept apologising for it and saying he was being a bad host. Then he admitted that he likes me but that we probably shouldn't be having this conversation when I'm sober and he isn't. He told me he likes me about 5 times during the night. I finally asked why he invited me back and he just said because he likes me. So we just spoke the whole night. He seemed to want to get to know me better. He got more sober and just asked me a lot of questions about myself. He wanted to know about my childhood and what school/family was like and what I want to do after University, the first music I got into, that sort of thing. He also kept asking me how many days until I leave (as I'm going home for the summer) and how long I'd be away for. When I said that I'm leaving within the week he seemed disappointed. I feel like we had a really nice chat, though it got a bit awkward at times and he commented on how it's odd to talk like this for the first time without loud music in the background (as we normally see each other at bars and so on). But he laughed at my childhood stories etc and we found we had stuff in common. Then at about half 4am he said he should sleep and that I can sleep in the spare room If I like. I said I should go home, so he ordered a taxi for me. I was really confused as to why he'd invite me to his without coming on to me, but in general I had a nice time talking to him. Though in hindsight I realise he told me he liked me a few times but I never said it back, as I sort of thought it'd be a given.

The next time I was due to see him was 2 days later (yesterday) as he said he'd come out after work (he finishes at about 1am). So at 1.30 I spotted him at the bar the club I was at and I approached him. He seemed a bit cold, he didn't hug me and after about 2 minutes of conversation he asked if I'd seen his housemate and then said he was going to go find him and mingle with people. I was a bit upset but knew I'd have a chance to talk to him later as he said he'd be at this late night bar we go to. I saw him sitting by himself for most of the night so he clearly wasn't mingling. I also saw him watching me when I was dancing with a couple of separate guy friends. When the club had finished I approached him again outside (I was quite drunk at this point) and asked if he was coming to the bar and he said no because he had his car with him :/ I approached him a 3rd time and asked if we were okay and he said that we were. I asked if he would come out this weekend and he apologised and said he was working (which he seems to be). I then told him I was leaving on Monday and he just hugged me and and said 'see you in three months then'. I was shocked and upset by this. For the last few weeks he had repeatedly asked me about when I was going and coming back but all of a sudden it seemed like he wasn't bothered. His behavior was basically a complete 180 since 2 days before. After I left, I texted him telling him how I thought the night was weird and asked him what he wanted basically, as he said he liked me. I also apooligsed for never saying that I liked him but that I did. I never got a text back. He is bad at texting but I was being upfront and asking what the deal was to get it straightened out, even if it isn't good news. I just want to know.

Any insight to his behavior and idea idea as what I should do?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment