Pages

Search blog and web

My wife and I just suck at being married.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I don't know what I've gotten myself into. First of all, thanks to all of you who are even reading this. I'm at a loss of what to do with my marriage.

My wife and I fight ALL. THE. TIME. I honestly just can't handle it anymore. We have not even been married for a year yet. We can generally always count on at least one big fight per week, usually on the weekend.

Our most recent fight...I'm a pilot in the Navy, and I was just prescribed Ambien (the sleeping pill) by my Flight Surgeon. He gave me this because I've had trouble sleeping with our crazy flight schedule. When I told my wife about it, I also told her about how I read some people take the drug and then have sex because it lets the user "let go of their inhibitions." This sounded like it could be fun for she and I whenever I was to take it. The conversation also spun off into how some people don't remember the sex after it's over, and how Tiger Woods blamed his affairs on Ambien.

This morning, I get a call from her saying she doesn't think it's a good idea for me to take it because if I go on deployment and have sex with someone and try to use the drug as an excuse that that excuse "isn't going to fly". WTF!?

I've never cheated on this girl, or anyone for that matter. And that's the kind of response I get from her. I was offended. And, let's serious, THIS IS STUPID. You think your husband is going to cheat on you because he's taking a doctor-prescribed sleeping pill? Gimme a break.

So naturally, we're fighting about it again today. We're fighting because she says I made her feel stupid. Well, I felt like crap because she thinks this lowly of me...and I do NOT feel like I need to clear the drugs I take with my wife when I have a DOCTOR prescription.

We fight over this silliness ALL the time. Knock-down, drag out fights that include slamming doors, yelling at each other, and then just avoiding each other for days sometimes.

Are my wife and I doomed? We've tried going to a counselor, to no positive effect.:(

Sorry to ramble...thanks in advance for replies!




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment