Pages

Search blog and web

If someone you aren't close to is having a major problem...

is it OK to help them? If you are being genuine(which I am), is it appropriate to suddenly talk to them out of the blue and try give them advice? Or is it a bit intrusive and rude?

To basically sum up the situation, she is a girl from my year in school, who is in an abusive relationship and has been for years. Her boyfriend and I used to be friends for a few years but I broke it off with him because he's a MASSIVE PRICK(just need to emphasise that!).He is really manipulative. Me and the girl never got on much, but we didn't really speak and got into a couple of argument(immature teenage stuff though).
They've been together for five or six years, and we're all 19.
One of my close friends has spoken to her(they're very close), but(not to sound condescending) he isn't very good at giving advice - I know this from personal experience.
I think I can give her good advice(wow this is starting to sound arrogant...), but I don't know if it's appropriate. Plus, she may not even listen to me because we're not close. Even when my friend has helped her, her boyfriend will always make her believe his lies, and It may be even harder for her to believe me.
It's a really awful situation and I feel bad for standing by and not doing anything.

What do you think?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment