Pages

Search blog and web

My parents hate my boyfriend

Anon or delete please, my boyfriend knows my username.

I'm in an LDR during university term time so I was really looking forward to having a relaxing summer with him. But my parents' attitude towards my boyfriend are really starting to take their toll on me. They despise him and have done since the beginning. They have a problem with everything he does or says. I asked them why they hate him and my mother said she didn't (she clearly does) and my father just said that he's a pr*ck. Since they feel this way I'd rather just not discuss him with them (I just keep him anyway from my house) but they cause arguments over him every single day and my mother will ask me about him and then roll her eyes at my answer. It's exhausting.

As I said I'm in an LDR, and he's done the train journey to visit me at the other end of the country twice (once in November, once in March). So in February it was my turn to come back to my hometown to visit him but when I told my parents I was coming home for the weekend they went insane at me down the phone. They said I need to make friends at university (I do have friends) and that I'm wasting my life on my boyfriend. I came home anyway and just stayed with my boyfriend but the whole incident caused so much hassle and fighting.

Now I'm home and my parents complain constantly that my boyfriend doesn't care about me and doesn't make an effort to see me. My boyfriend works full time (on varying shifts), I have a babysitting job two days a week and my parents often want me to spend time with them. We still manage to see each other once or twice a week. Then, when I do see him they whine that we tend to spend time in my boyfriend's house just spending time with each other rather than "going out". But when we do go out they complain that I'm wasting money. When I pointed this out they said he should be paying for me (ridiculous). It's exhausting. Everything causes an argument.

I love my boyfriend, I can see a future with him and I'm 20 years old (he's 21). But this is really starting to make me feel down. I don't want my boyfriend to know how much they hate him and I don't want my parents to ruin my summer. I don't see their problem with him. Yes, he prefers to stay in rather than go out clubbing or to parties but he does work 5 or days a week and is often tired. I still go out with my friends so it's not like he's ruining my social life or whatever. I know my boyfriend loves me and I know he cares about me and it really hurts me when my parents insist that he doesn't. Does anyone have any advice?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment