Pages

Search blog and web

Should I attempt to get her back or just give up?

I have been broken up with my girlfriend for over two months now. Back in March, she gave me the whole "I love you, but I am not sure I am in love with you right now" speech and we proceeded to break things off. I never begged for her and I never degraded myself to asking her for a second chance. This was, after all, her decision. I told her that if that's how she felt, there was nothing I could do.

Over the next couple of weeks, we talked about the break up some and, at one point, I even told her we needed to go our separate ways. She then told me that she didn't know if that's what she wanted and that she was just so confused. She told me she was smothered by her mother (a very controlling woman), by work, by school, and, as well, by me. Sadly, over the 2 and 1/2 years we had been together, we never truly learned how to successfully be apart from each other. On top of that, 5 months earlier, I had asked her to marry me. She said yes, but, during this time, she began to act strange. Overall, I believe her view on marriage and her readiness for a serious relationship became a lot scarier for her than she originally imagined and she freaked out. Determining by what she has told me, I feel like, overall, she just felt like she couldn't currently give me the dedication that I was willing to give her. So, after weeks of dealing with her not knowing what to do, I finally told her that she wasn't ready and that we needed to finally end things. She agreed that she wasn't ready but she also told me that, while she didn't want to tell me to wait on her, she did, in the back of her mind, kind of want that. I told her that I couldn't do that but that I still loved her no matter what.

Fast forward about a week later, she began to contact me. We work at the same place, so she would do little things like text me my schedule. I was keeping myself from contacting her, only contacting her back when she contacted me. I always kept it short and straight to the point. Then she started flirting with me at work. Overall, I kept my distance, not flirting back. She would come up and randomly hug me, then say things like "I really miss those," and then walk off. Her job is to answer the phones where we work, but, if it gets super busy, I will jump in and help. Any time I help, she makes it a point to come to the back of the store (where I reside) and tell me thank you. Everyone around the store has noticed her flirty tendencies around me, even saying something to me about it on several occasions.

Outside of work, she has texted me randomly about statuses I have made on Facebook and what not. In fact, a week ago, she texted me immediately in response to a picture I put up showing off how much weight I had lost since me and her broke up. She complimented me by telling me that "I looked really good." I played it off and just texted "Thanks."

My question is, does there seem like I have a chance for reconciliation with her? I mean, if there is one thing I have learned over the two months that we have been broken up, it is how much I truly love the girl. Should I try to reconnect with her and create some contact with her or should I keep doing my thing? The deal is, I do care about her and I don't want her out of my life. While I'm not wanting a "friendship," I would like her to know that I don't hate her and that I do indeed want a second chance with her if there ever is a right time. Any suggestions?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment