Pages

Search blog and web

Am I being selfish?

hi,

I'm quite nervous posting this here..but I need advice. Because there's so much going through my head that I don't know what is wrong or right any more.

I married when I was 16 which is quite normal in my culture. And I'm married for 9 years now. It was more like an arranged marriage with my permission. My husband asked to marry me and during our engagement( about 4 months) we got to know each other a bit and got married.

My husband is a good person who loves me and our kids. And takes care of us.Is a responsible person.
But the problem is that he is quite controlling,likes everything his way. And we are total opposites in personality he get angry and irritated quickly when I do something wrong. For example if he asked me to do something and I forget he gets angry and says things like ' you can't do anything right etc.' Even though I do everything around the house. I never ask him to do any cooking or cleaning or even prepare his own stuff such as clothes etc. I don't mind doing doing things for him and the housework but I would like some appreciation. He hardly says thank you but he is quick with criticizing me and telling me what and how I did something wrong. About 5 days out of the 7 he has to argue with me.

I'm thinking this is my fault because for the last 9 years I've always put what I want aside..just because I'm tired of arguing and I don't want my kids to grow up like this. Most of the time when there is an argument I stay quiet and let him say what he wants because I don't want things to get worse. Because this has happened before and he will end up saying very hurtful things

I know I'm not the perfect wife..I'm not really organized..and he likes everything organized. And I forget easily. But at the same time I'm caring,loving and try to be there to support him when has difficult times. I never say hurtful things to him..and always try to discuss things in a calm matter out of fear to hurt his feelings.

Now I'm at the stage that I don't think I love him any more..but I'm staying in this marriage for him and my kids. I know he loves his children a lot and I don't want to separate them. I'm feeling guilty for being selfish and ashamed of thinking of divorce.

I've been in a marriage since I was 16..I really don't know how where to start on my own. And also my parents..in my culture divorce is a very big issue..the entire family will get involved. In my culture a good marriage means a husband supports his wife and kids..the wife stays home and take cares of the kids and the house..and that's about it. If you have that it means you're in a good marriage.

Am I being selfish for wanting to divorce?

thanks for reading..and I hope you can give me some advise




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment