Pages

Search blog and web

My inability to speak clearly is affecting my life

I have issues being clear and coherent in my speech when I talk to people. Sometimes I stuttuer, slur my words, mumble and have difficulty saying a word and miss syllables even sometimes. I don't know why I do this - it's different in different situations. When I'm with my friends and I want to say something on my mind, it comes into effect but when I'm with my same friends and I'm just having fun and not trying to speak about something in particular, I can just let it all out albeit I also speak really fast when I do this and I'm still misunderstood. But because of this difference, I don't know if it's all purely psychological or something else. Say I'm in my room alone and I try read aloud to myself, even then I get a bit tongue-tied sometimes and I feel so frustrated. I can sometimes read a whole sentence perfectly but it sounds obvious that I'm enunciating and pronouncing words really strongly in my mouth.

I don't know how to improve this - it's really affecting my confidence and as my confidence drops, my ability to speak worsens. It's horrible in interviews and phone calls too. I'm misunderstood so much - people don't understand what I'm saying and my friends joke about it too. I'm in social situations a lot and I don't get nerve issues so I don't know if it's an anxiety problem. I just want to get better at speaking. Does anyone have any solutions?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment