Pages

Search blog and web

Trans* Society

Hello friends!

I am aware that there is already an LGBT society here with an active chat threat, but in my opinion trans* people have many issues very distinct from those faced by LGB people and seem to end up somewhat lost in a sea of LGB in the general society. I thought it'd be a good idea to have a places where trans* people can chat, discuss any issues they have, ask questions etc, especially considering the prevalence of transphobia and general lack of education on the matter. So I've made one! :D

Just to clarify: "trans*" as opposed to simply "trans" or "transgender" refers to everyone outside of the normal gender binary. So it includes people who feel they are of a gender different to the sex they were born in, a gender other than male or female, no gender at all, multiple genders and pretty much anything else except cisgender men and women :)

To get us started: I'm 18 years old, male in terms of sex but I now pretty much accept female in terms of gender and looking to eventually transition. I'm right at the start of the road, booking an appointment with my GP and having just come out to immediate family, so any advice would be very much appreciate!




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment