Pages

Search blog and web

a little help/insight?

I've been with my man for almost a year now. i moved in around spring break, and mostly everything is wonderful. I mean, he's a good man. I know he's a good man. his heart seems to be in the right place with most things, he does mostly make me happy. and I can't seem to figure where or why i'd have room to complain or feel like something is wrong.

But, i feel like he avoids conversation like the plague. I mean, he'll talk everyone elses ear off except mine. I ask how his day was and he'll say good, and then carry on to other people with all these stories about work. everyone loves him, and he's mister social butterfly and everyones best friend when we're out and I either have to find my own social interaction or follow him around.

I broke down in an emotional break down in tears telling him how things made me feel, and that i consistently felt i wasn't good enough or doing things well enough for him and he told me it was pathetic and immature, then apologized two weeks later when i brought it up. the only reason it was brought up was because we argued over me inquiring about something to do with his ex wife.

He's left his phone home twice now when he's gone out with out me, which i'd understand if I constantly blew up his phone, but I don't. at most I'll send a text to find out when i should have dinner ready by.

it also seems like anything that is of importance to me, he avoids, wants nothing to do with and it does not rank in his world. he doesn't want to meet my friends, go do anything that involves them and stands there in silence staring off or on his phone when he does go with me. it's the same way when just he and i go out. no conversation. he looks disinterested and is silent and stand offish. But i ask or inquire and I'm crazy.

I'm tired of hearing that i'm a drama queen, jealous, immature, over emotional and paranoid. I hate that he expects me to live with, tend to, and take care of his son, but not assist in anything to do with his parenting. and its not like i'm asking to be mom. I made a couple suggestions that would help and expressed that i felt it was important that the two of us are united, on the same page, and that its important that his son doesn't think dad out ranks when i tell him something.

which happened, i told his son he could not use something of mine, and the kid immediately asked his father right in front of me.

I'm beginning to feel like by being here, and behaving like i'm in a relationship, i'm intruding on his life. I feel like in a relationship there's communication, working together, and friendship.

and even though i'm generally happy, i feel as if that's lacking and like i'm not really "with" him, just a roommate with benefits.

what's that sound like to you guys? you're my experts here.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment