Pages

Search blog and web

Married almost 25 years and sex is an issue

I got married to my wife when I was 24, and I swear our sex life dwindled progressively after that to the point where she wouldn't want to have sex any more than a couple of times a month at best. And the sex became routine missionary only. I remember my 30's as full of very intense sexual frustration.

Now, I'm 48, and although the frequency of the sex is better, (once a week), she really won't venture beyond vanilla. As I feel my time running out, I spoke to her frankly about this. I told her I wanted her to be more adventurous, more like a real sexual partner. I find her to be drop-dead gorgeous, and I feel like I get scraps.

So she confessed to me that she feels very inhibited. I knew that her Japanese mother had been a call-girl (although unsaid, we both know her absent dad must have been a customer). I knew her older sister had also done that for awhile. My wife's reaction to that was to reject that life to the point where she feels that anything beyond pure vanilla is "*****ish" and turns her off. She has great difficulty saying explicit sexual things to me.

She says's she's OK with things as they are and has absolutely no desire to see a counselor. So I really feel stuck now. I guess it's either accept this is my sex life for the rest of my life or I seek something elsewhere.

Truth is, I feel bad for her. But I also feel angry at having been cheated out of good sex during our prime years. I really don't know what to do.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment