Pages

Search blog and web

Too much too soon - your opinions on a guy I've been dating?

Almost 2 months ago I emerged from an almost 2 year relationship that I ended - I technically didn't want to end the relationship because I loved him, but his actions left me with no choice. I had poured all of my emotions into being with this guy, so I felt drained when it was over but also relived. A fortnight after things ended my male friend told me he liked me (and had for a while). I had always thought of him as 'the only guy I would date if I was single'. But still I explained the situation and explained I wasn't ready to be in anything serious again for a while. He said he understood and said he just liked spending time with me - so we went on dates, whether it was to the cinema or the park.

Shortly after he invited me round to cook dinner for me - he did, and the food was great but I hadn't even finished digesting my food before he was leading me to the bedroom. At first, I was hesitant and he said it was okay we 'didn't have to' - but I kind of felt like we'd got that far and I've never had such strong chemistry with someone in my entire life. Not even in past relationships. The deed was great, and we spent the whole evening and the whole of the next day together having lunch etc. But not long after I left him he called asking if I wanted to see him again the next day - I said I couldn't as I have family commitments (which I very much do right now) plus I need me time. He calls nearly every day and emails every day. We aren't public because we're still dating + because I want to be sensitive to my ex's feelings for a while longer. We both live locally to my ex.

The second time we got together he suggested I cook for him and invite him to my place, said he would like to travel with me (I have travel plans) and ultimately admitted he is looking for a relationship despite saying he was happy just dating. Also, we both have high sex drives but at one point he actually woke me up (after 3 hours of sleep!) and was persistent - I found it annoying and was pushing him away. I suddenly felt so overwhelmed by everything. We almost called it off then and there, but it seemed too sad...and he is wonderful. He is stunning (an adonis type) - my female friends and even female relatives have been blown away by him. My family recently met him + commented on the fact he seems warmer than my ex, which is true. He easily tells me the things he likes about me - asking my ex to do this was like pulling teeth. And the man is really talented. He said he's not find a woman he feels this way about in a long time. But...it's too much too soon. Though my (smar t) friends/family have warned me not to throw him away so easily.

So I need your advice. Is there any way to slow things down and salvage this? I also feel a big focus is becoming on sex, is there any way to pull back from sex without making things stagnate? He himself admitted to being 'needy' but said he was going to work on it.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment