Pages

Search blog and web

Don't know how to progress in life, not getting anywhere.

Ok so I guess im quite old compared to most on these forums but theres plenty of open minded people on so I guess I'l post this. So Im 28 and feel as though im at a dead end with my life. I have a lot of regrets like at school I was very quiet, college I had no friends and I quit uni after a year. I guess I developed anxiety and quit jobs not knowing what I wanted to do. Ive never had friends who I can go out with Im a member of a variety of sports clubs and go out on odd occassions with people but they dont see me as their friend, just someone whos really quiet, always single and odd. I get round this by pretending not to care and by training, setting goals and keeping fit most days.

Ive also never had a boyfriend. I tried when I was 21 met someone on a dating forum (well i dont get attention in real life lol) but i felt more like a chore so i ended it. Trouble is Ive always preferred being by myself but get bored so Ive always wanted friends who I can go out with etc but Ive never had this. Ive just qualified as a nurse last year but Im not passionate about it and want to do something else. Several people have said they cant imagine me managing a ward as im far too quiet I guess its true. The only thing I really care about/am motivated about is keeping fit and training.

I regret being quiet back at school/college and not making the effort but I didnt care back then about chit chat and all that, in fact I just cared about exercise even then lol. I worked hard at exams though im only average intelligence but still like to achieve things and invest in my future. Problem is I dont know what it is I want to do. I lose energy being around people and like working by myself.


But yea I just dont know how to progress in life. As Im getting older its going to be harder to make friends and meet someone as people at my age are absorbed in their own family lives. Id like to marry and have a child eventually but can't seem to sort my own life out. All I need is friends and a job but I dont know where to find friends and I dont know what job I want to do. I want to progress at a career but since Im deciding against nursing I feel like time is running out.

Just wanted advice, I don't mean to be all whiny I know that Im quite negative but I cant think what I have to be optimistic about! I just see people who I went to school with all happy and married on facebook. I have them as contacts but they are not interested in meeting up as I was never close enough friends with any of them.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment