Pages

Search blog and web

I met a stranger - is it too optimistic to hope for more?

About a month ago I randomly met a guy on the city streets. I was with a friend who likes to chat with strangers and he started talking to a girl. I can't remember how but I started talking to one of the friends of the girl and we immediately hit it off. We had similiar pasts, had both studied in the same countries and had studied the same languages and even had similar majors. He is 4 years older than me and is working abroad in Berlin and was visiting home for a holiday. I was also in a middle of some work assignment. Furthermore, I am going to study in Thailand for a year this fall and am home for the summer.
He was sociable and made me feel good. Me and my friend had to leave but he asked for my name and repeated it many times not to forget.
The next morning he added me on Facebook and wrote that he is glad he didn't forget my name. I answered something witty but he didn't reply.
After a few days I finished with my work and wrote to him myself asking him out to celebrate one evening. He replied that he would very much like to come but he is away at his grandparents place and told me he would still like to see me later this week. We don't even live in the same cities within one country but he lives in the capital and me at another place. A few days later he just casually wrote to me and spoke about some random stuff and also told me that he might come to my town in a couple of days and if I am there so we could meet. I asked him to let me know in advance and he promised to tell me for sure if and when he can come.
A week passed and I didn't hear from him. However, I knew the date when he could be flying back to Berlin and I wrote to him a day before that just to say that I hoped he had a great holiday here. I was trying to keep it very casual.
He replied: "Hey, firstly I'm sorry, I had such a busy schedule and had no time for anything...I would very much like to keep in contact with you because I'm pretty sure that we would have a lot of interesting common topics to talk about and I have never been wrong during my 27 years of life. i don't know when you're going to thailand but if all works out then i should come back here also in august.. and if you come to berlin then definitely let me know"
I was jumping with joy at that moment and replied with some witty comment and told him that it's probable that i might go to berlin in august as well.

However, he hasn't replied after that.
Now, I'm planning to go to German in the beginning of august anyway for a festival and would be flying to Berlin. My question is if I should contact him yet again and try to meet up? I feel a bit insecure since it's me doing all the asking and I'm slightly younger and am thus afraid of seeming desperate and naive etc. etc. and I know all rational thinking tells me that nothing would come of this due to distance anyways but he left me such a great impression... Am I just obsessing over an idea rather than a person?

Any comments would be useful, particularly from guys. I'm asking this here since I have no close male friends and would really like a second opinion.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment