Pages

Search blog and web

Should we keep going?

Well I feel awkward making this post, Its actually my first on tsr.. not sure anyone will read it either but here goes:

I'm 17 and going to Uni next year, and I've had a girlfreind for about a year and a half now who is the same age. Its my (and her) first legit longterm relationship, and we get on really well. Initially when we got together we talked about splitting up when we go to university, but since then she realised she had to resit the school year.

We then talked about staying together through university anyway just to try things out and see how things go. But I can't help but feel that this might drag things out to an inevitable break up, and it'd be nice to be able start fresh at university without this tying me down. We always talk about how we know we'll break up but we get on so well it doesn't seem to be going to happen any time soon. However, we both also talk about how we know that we aren't "the one" to eachother.

However, I think this break up I'm thinking about seems selfish at the same time, because she will be left on her own at her school in a new year group when all her friends are leaving her to go to university (she barely has any friends in the year below she has to study with as a result of resitting the year) and even her twin brother is leaving too. Splitting up with her first boyfriend on top of this might really upset her, and I care about her and don't want her to be upset.

Basically, advice would be appreciated :) Are these thoughts selfish, or well warrented?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment