Pages

Search blog and web

Need some advice..never been in this predicament before

Hello All,

I'll apologize in advance for being long winded with this post. I just want to get you all as much detail as I can so it can help you to formulate an opinion and hopefully give me some advice on where to go/how to treat this situation.

Background info, I broke up with my ex girlfriend in January..we were together for close to two years. She started hanging out with less than ideal people..that I didn't want to get dragged into with my career and everything. I'm a firm believer in getting over people is best done by meeting someone new. Being heavy into my work and career, I decided to give the online dating scene a whirl.

Met a nice girl on there, started seeing her back in March'ish..casually dating. Things progressed, we are still seeing eachother now..5 months'ish later..but there is no definition to this "whatever" you can call it. I would like a relationship, she seems to be waiting for some "epiphany" to tell her I'm the one. I've communicated that I'd like to get off the dating website and really see where this goes but she seems less than thrilled to do that. It may be pertinent to the discussion that I was her "first" physically..and made not attempt at rushing anything. She has never been in a real relationship before and is older, but I've been in a couple and am mature for my age.

The communication (not a big fan of texting and facebooking and whatnot) isn't really there, but we have a great time when we hang out and the chemistry is. I have met and hung out with her friends multiple times, double dates and whatnot..but still have not met her family. I'm sure this is writing on the wall that I should've seen.

At this point in this "seeing" eachother, should I be content to continue what's going on? I would like exclusivity..although she has mentioned she hasn't seen anyone else or gone on any other dates..but that seems contradictory to the fact that she's still actively trolling the dating website. I would realize that in a perfect world, you could say I'm doing the same but I've made it clear that I'd like to get off and see where we go.

I know there's no timeframe on things like this..but I'd like to know which direction you guys would go as it seems I may be getting suckered into a black hole with no return. I have mentioned to her the idea..and she has said something along the lines of "I feel like I should know by now what we are, and it isn't fair to make you keep waiting..but you are the longest I've kept around for a guy..I know that's not gunna be any consolation.."

Any input would greatly be appreciated..very confused. Thanks all.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment