Pages

Search blog and web

Boyfriend/should I work in USA or Europe?

Background: I'm an international student in Europe. I got a verbal job offer from a European company to work for them.

At the same time, I have a potential position in America.

The European Job--involves translating Dutch to English, editing publications and textbooks of foreign internationals, is in a beautiful European location, but involves massive amounts of visa paperwork (though the company helps with relocation and accommodation expenses)

The American Job--involves specialized research (far more directly relevant to my masters programme), is likely better paid, and in a place that has beautiful weather and palm trees

And, the European job is closer to my ex boyfriend. He broke up with me 10 days ago because it seemed I wouldn't find a job in Europe and he was too emotionally unable to handle a long distance relationship. And we truly cared about each other a lot.

I don't want to choose America to spite him (ie. for not trusting me), but I also want to choose a job relevant to my masters. I know it's wrong, but I still feel hurt that he was willing to walk away; I want to make the best possible decision given all the circumstances.

Where should I go? :(




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment