Pages

Search blog and web

Met an awesome girl at work. Would it be appropriate to contact her?

Hi guys

This time of year I do some work in a library, and I met this really awesome girl whilst at work. I dunno if it's just one of those occasions where I'm imagining things, but I felt as though there was some definite mutual interest there! She wanted me to help her find a book on the catalogue, so I spent a bit of time with her trying to find what she wanted. She was really smiley and laughing at things etc. Though, I'm worried that might just have been out of politeness, y'know, or she just acts like that with everyone! It's hard to describe - I engage with young women all the time in my work - but her impression just stuck. Super pretty and seemed intelligent too.

Thing is, I've never asked a girl for her number or whatever whilst at work - I dunno how appropriate that would be or if I'd get into trouble. It's one of those occasions you meet people but have to act professionally, but you might not see them again. Before she left I put a reservation on a book for her and asked her how she'd want to be notified when it came in, and she left her mobile number. After work I just got this urge to call her and say 'hey I'm that guy from the library, wanna go out sometime?' but I'm aware that might seem super creepy or outright inappropriate. Is it? Thing is, I actually think I have the book she was after at home, so could probably ring up and be like 'hey I have that book, wanna borrow it and meet up sometime?' I dunno. I've never had the urge to do this before with anyone. Can anyone relate to this when meeting people at work?

I figure there could be a couple of outcomes, you ring her up and it seems romantic cause you took the gamble and she remembers you, or she's forgotten you and you seem like a weird creep and you possibly get into trouble from work. What do you guys and gals think?

I kinda suck meeting girls through the 'traditional' routes (I kinda hate pub and especially club scenes) so I tend just bump into girls I like in random places but feel like it's inappropriate to make a move.

Cheers guys




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment