Pages

Search blog and web

How/When to share with family were are Reconciling?

My story is posted on We want to R, but he has a live in OW & Guess we aren't R (I think).

Well, H & I spent the day together talking, sharing, planning our recommitment to our marriage. Which is a great step in the direction we both want. Here's the thing.... I need to make amends with his son and let my parents know as well.

His son is a challenge. We butt heads a lot and he was very angry when I left over 6 months ago. I need to amend our relationship, I have a plan to take him to dinner and talk with an open heart about what has changed and what his father and I have decided.

My parents, well that's another story altogether. Due to our history (H & I) they were none too happy we got married for one and when I left, they were thrilled and informed me that if I go back to him they would not be supportive. I really am not concerned about their acceptance of our decision. God has a way of answering prayers and we both have changed a great deal. We are not the same couple we have been for the past 8 years. I am definitely not the same woman/wife. So, how do I relay the news to my parents without any drama? My parents have been a huge crutch for me and I realize this was a huge issue in our marriage. I need to remove the crutch, relay the news and deal with the backlash. But how? Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment