Pages

Search blog and web

In laws ruining marriage

Hi, I'm new here and finding it very difficult to admit there's a problem in my marriage.
I am 33 have been with my husband 13 years.
I've been very stressed lately and it's actually making me ill.
Everything was fine my hub and I lived in USA for a few years due to work then moved back to uk. When we got back my husband started working with my dad, I fell pregnant and things were ok, till I got to 6 months pregnant.. My mother in law started acting very strange, asking how I felt about grandmothers breast feeding she bought a cot and clothes for my baby but for her house, she was acting like I was a surrogate. Once my baby was born and had to have life saving surgery she became worse. Even after seeing my child stop breathing etc she didnt want to believe she had a problem. She would take my baby from me and run off to other rooms in the house closing all doors it was very odd.. I couldn't cope and went and saw a councillor who told me not to see her any more and to keep my child away from her. Advise I should have taken. But didnt.
My eldest just turned 7 and it's been a bumpy ride. My mil has never helped me, even when I was seriously ill and the doctors thought they would need to remove my large intestine. No visits, no help. I've tried to include her in lots of things hospital visits with my dd holidays days out etc all despite being told not too by health professionals. We have just returned from a two week holiday with her on which she told me I was stupid and spoke to me like I was the hired help, if I said it was white she,d say it was black so in the end I said I'm not going to speak.

So, through all this my husband has let her get away with it, he won't stand up for me ever and won't have it if I complain. I can't cope with her and her controlling ways, her nasty ness etc .. It's ruining our relationship. I almost left when my eldest was a few months old now I'm trying to think rationally but all I can see is I'm in the wrong and she will get away with it. My brother in law (her other son) stays away from them, seeing them twice a year. He doesn't want kids because of what he's seen her do to me. She pushed him away years ago ... I don't know what to do I'm on my own :(




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment