Pages

Search blog and web

Am I a loser?

So I'll be straight up and honest with you. Here's a summary of what my life is like:-

-Never go out except to the gym
-Have 1 friend who I talk to at the gym sometimes, but he would never call or text me to actually go with him
-Don't have any friends apart from my "workout partner"
-Parents despise me and often say they do. They also tell me regularly what a waster I am that I'm 23 and still living at home with no job
-So embarrassed about my lack of a friendship group and social life that I deleted my Facebook profile
-I still check Facebook and view the profile of former friends
-Everyday I think about girls who have liked me in the past, but was too scared to make a real go of things
-Check on the Facebook profile of said girls and see how they've grew and gained new, better friends and got themselves boyfriends who actually care enough to try
-Regret both of the big career decisions I've made so far as there have both proved to be colossal errors

I haven't always been like this. I used to be the polar opposite. I was the kind of person who everyone got on with and everyone knew. In my first job I quickly became one of the most popular people there and used to get invited for "nights out" all the time. Even the older staff members used to talk to me.

It's clear to me when everything changed and why. When I started smoking weed I regressed back into the old habits I had during school. I became a social recluse who only spoke to other stoners, and only ever talked about getting stoned. I remember when I bumped into some of my old, non-stoner friend on a night out and they were alarmed by the change in me. One of them came up to me, by himself, and just said "this is really sad to see, you know". Another one came up to me and said "I can't believe how much of a dick you've become".

When I was 18, before I'd made so many mistakes, my older relatives used to say to me "I wish I was your age again" or "I wish I had my time again". Well now I say that to myself. Instead of just staying in education with people my age and on my wavelength I left and got a crappy retail job and then went onto a crappy apprenticeship in a semi-skilled trade that, in all honesty, shouldn't even require an apprenticeship at all.

Now I'm signing up to Access courses and want to go to Uni. I'm wary of this becoming something like a "magic pill" mentality. As though just going to Uni will make everything better. Well would it though? All I'm really hoping is that I get there and find some friends and people to hit the town with. However, don't confuse this with me just wanting to go there and party. I need a good degree and to give myself a chance to find a decent job/career.

However, even this "the grass has to be greener" sort of thinking is another facet of my loser mindset, I fear.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment