Pages

Search blog and web

looking for reconciliation and patience through God

I've been reading this book called Love Life for Every Married Couple by Ed Wheat and I highly recommend it. You can get it really cheaply now, I paid 1p for the book and about £6 postage, lol.
Anyway, There's a chapter in the book called "how to save your marriage alone". I've now read this about 3 times and still find new things to focus on.
One thing I lack is patience. I've been praying hard and leaving my husband in God's hands. I've also asked God to reach out to my husband and touch his heart.
You see my husband used to be a good Christian, he was involved in the Church admin and other jobs and was always there to lend a hand if it was needed.
Two things happened during this time that made him question his faith. Some people were not being very Christian in the Church and this partly lead to him losing his faith.
Another thing that happened was that he spent a lot of time with some new friends that aren't Christian and this has also influenced him so he doesn't act like my husband anymore.
I hope and pray that he will find his faith again and that it will bring him closer to God and to me.
I haven't got patience, I want things to happen almost straight away but I know that God wants us to have patience whilst he sorts this mess out.
He came round to the house today to sort out changing the bills over to my name. He's also asked me if I will go to an advice centre together to get some advice on our separate benefits. This no longer upsets me when he talks this way as the book says you have to let them go before they come back to you.
I am hoping that any reconciliation we do have will be a slow and steady process and maybe even going to see a counsellor together to sort out our problems before he moves back home.
The book gives me hope and that's what is keeping me going. I haven't once begged him to come back and I am showing him peace and kindness each time he comes round.
He is doing some work for a member of our Church at the moment and I'm hoping and praying that she can connect with him in some way.
I saw my Christian counsellor for the first time today and it was very uplifting. She said that when I spoke of the Keswick convention that we went to last year, I suddenly became alive. I want to go to a convention near us in the next month or two just for a weekend to be spirit filled and refreshed, does anyone know of any that are coming up near the Midlands?
Blessings to you all xx




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment