Pages

Search blog and web

Am I over-reacting?

Am I over-reacting and making a mountian out of a molehill, or is this something to genuinley be concerned about?

The thing is, I think my boyfriend drinks a bit too much. He's not an alcoholic or anything, but I still think he goes over his weekly limit pretty much every week. I understand that different people have different opinions on drinking, don't mean to offend anyone by writing any of this.

We'll be out for lunch, and he'll have a pint or two. He'll then suggest we have a cocktail each. Fine, I like a cocktail. But this is pretty regularly, and its lunch time not dinner. He will do this, but suggest stronger drinks, at dinner time too. Its nearly ever time we eat out.

He'll often go out to the pub with his friends, like twice a week or more, and have at least 3 pints at this time. It all adds up. Then, perhaps on the same day, he'll have them round for 'some beers' i don't know how many 'some' is, but when i phone him he actually sounds drunk on these occasions.

On a proper night out, he'll consume a lot. Example, last week he consumed:

2 bottles of bulmers, a couple of carlsbergs, a whisky, a whisky mixed with vodka and cranberry, 2 cranberry amarettos, a guinness, a cobra beer, a shot of apple sourz, about 3 more bottles of beer and a cranberry vodka. He drinks this much on any night out.

I know he's hardly drinking his sorrows away, but the figures show that drinking over your weekly limit can have detramental effects to your health. I don't like who he becomes when drinking anyway. Call me neurotic, controlling or whatever, but i'm genuinley concerned, so some genuine opinions would be valued.

p.s- he's not a student, he's not some stupid 18-year-old either, he's 22.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment