Pages

Search blog and web

Is it him, or just his age?

I'm in a unique predicament and don't know what to do with my marriage. I am 25 and have been married to a man that is 45 for a year now. I met him at work and we hit it off. I realize dating much less marrying a man so much older is odd, but he treated me so well and after a little over a year dating we married. My parents hated him, they thought I had lost my mind and I hardly talk to them.

The problem is, while he was great and everything while dating, once we got married he started changing into this man that has ideas about "women's work" and the like. He does not do any house work at all or even cook, he says that's my job and that since he makes the money I should be the one to cook, clean and all that.

I don't really mind it but this just came out of nowhere. That's not the only thing; not by a long shot. He always wants me to dress and look nice especially if his friends are over. They're all about his age and they come over often and they play poker and hang out. Thing is he says it's "guys night" so he tells me to leave the room unless he and his friends wants snacks or drinks so basically I'm like a waitress. Just the other day when his friends were coming over I was wearing just t shirt and jeans and he saw me and said "Why are you wearing that? My friends will be here soon, go put on some makeup and a dress or something". Sometimes he'll even pick out a certain outfit he wants me to wear.

I've talked to him about how I feel and he just says "That's women's work" and "I have a beautiful wife, nothing wrong with showing you off!"

I used to work but once I moved in he convinced me to quit my job saying he'll take care of me and provide all that I need. And he does, I have a nice house, car, phone, etc. Please don't get me wrong, I am not materialistic, and he's not super wealthy or anything but he does take care of me. A few weeks ago I was really sick and he helped me out.

I am just so confused on what to do. Is the "women's work" kind of thinking prevalent among his age group?

Thanks for any advice!




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment