Pages

Search blog and web

Feel really isolated and alone in foreign country

I am on a gap year staying with a family in Spain, who are kind of hosting me, but at the same time I kind of work for them as they give me £50 a week "pocketmoney" and in return I help with the kids, babysitting, taking to school etc. and of course they feed and house me and I am not left wanting for anything like that. I get on well with the family, they are English too so there's not a language barrier. I get on with the kids AND parents well. The kids feel to me like siblings or at least cousins. I have friends here but I don't know them that well, I just go out with them at night to have fun for social life.


My only problem is that though they have made me feel welcome, and they don't treat me like employee and they are so generous and I am so grateful... I still feel like an outsider sometimes... not that they treat me that way, it is MY issuenot them. They do not treat me like my own family/friends treat me... which is with love and of course normal, I have only been in their house like 7 months and I am not their family... but Ijust miss my family and best friends... I miss how they want to spend time with me just because they love me and how easy it is, how I can say anything to them and joke with them in however way I want... how I can

What set it off tonight is that the kids are asleep and sometimes when that happens, me and the parents sometimes watch stuff on the TV together or a film. Tonight though she said she was going to watch something but wanted to put the kids to sleep first. She never called me to watch it with them eventhough she knows this programme is my favourite. I am not at all angry or annoyed, maybe they just want some privacy or don't want me there... but it just makes me miss my family as they always want me around and I am always welcome everywhere, they would always wait to watch if I wasn't there or anything... we always watch something every day together...

Also seeing them as a family with the kids and me not being treated the same (of course, which I am not annoyed about it is normal) just makes me miss my own family. I guess I have been spoilt when growing up and as an only child the centre of the people who love me...


I LOVE it here, I adore it... but things like this get me down. I feel so far away from anyone who actually cares about me. They are welcoming and lovely here, but when I leave for university, I am gone. They don't actually care about me.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment