Pages

Search blog and web

Wife wants a baby no matter what

We have been married for a year. She's in her mid 20s. She let me know that she wants a baby. We have nowhere to put a crib, and she has a hoarding problem. She also gets into trouble with money, letting her bills sit unpaid even if we have the cash to pay them. She told me to mind my own business and threatened me with criminal charges if I opened them.

When she asked why we're not trying to conceive, I told her I don't think we're ready and she became angry with me. She could not see what was wrong with bringing a baby into our lives at this point.

Our marriage is not the most functional but I love her she loves me. As an adult I made the decision to marry her and I stand by that. However, I cannot imagine deliberately conceiving a child in this situation. Kids don't ask to be born. I do wonder if I need to set her free to find someone who will agree to kids under any circumstances or somehow do a better job of making a life with her.


I'm at a loss. Am I to believe that as soon as we ditch birth control she will work with me to build a better life? Will she wait until a positive pregnancy test? Even if that was the case, wouldn't it be better to start now?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment