Pages

Search blog and web

What is going on here ?!?! clarifications pls!!

Nearly 2 weeks ago my husband of 6 years announced that he wasn't happy and thought he needed some alone time. He mentioned that he will always love me as the mother of his children (they are 3 and 1) but he wasn't sure if he actually loved me "that way" anymore. I was in agreement that our marriage was struggling, but made it clear that separation wouldn't be my choice. He agreed, slightly reluctantly, to think about whether or not it was worth it to try and save the marriage. He has a job that keeps him away from the house for 12 hours or more every day- this was one of our problems. We never see each othrr, and so working out problems becomes quite a challenge.

Even though I'm sad and this isn't what I want, I kind of realized that living in this limbo where all the decision is in his hands (and he was not enthused about the prospect of working on anything) wasn't fair to me. So i reluctantly told him that I would consent to the separation. We discussed money, what we would do with the kids, where he was going to go (his mom's) and all very amicably.

Flash forward two weeks later and he hasn't gone. He has made no move to pack things or arrange finances....we are getting along tremendously, joking together and having nice chats. He texts me occasionally from work just to see how we are. But then he'll say things like "so which of your friends have you told about what's going on?". His words indicate that the separation is still on, but his actions don't indicate that. He is flirty and affectionate with me at home and it feels almost like we are our normal selves...the other day he tried to kiss me on the lips and I jokingly pushed him away saying "hey hey I thought you didn't love me like that anymore!!" and he got quite upset and said "I said i wasn't sure! I just don't know what I want!" Which is NOT how things were presented to me two weeks ago...then he seemed pretty sure that things were a done deal and he was leaving.

Help me, please. What is he DOING? I've read up on the 180 and have been implementing a lot of those techniques....has it made him unsure of the separation now? Or is he playing some game with me?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment