Pages

Search blog and web

Is this weird?

Okay perhaps guys don't identify with this in the same as girls as we sometimes have reason to be paranoid but here goes...

A while ago, in December, I wrote to a woman who runs a blog I read. It's an American blog with mostly American readers and a lot of regular commenters. I wanted advice on a guy I was dating where things had gone a bit awry. She asked if she could post the email and response on the blog as it would be useful to other readers. I said yes, but asked her to take out certain things. She gave me a nickname, "Anne", same for the guy. In the opening of the post she confessed that she'd googled me and saw the pictures from social media websites. She said I looked like Kate Upton and found it relevant to readers as a measurement of attractiveness. The rest of the post was basically my email and a description of the situation which I tried not too make too detailed.
However in the commenting field I accidentally mentioned I live in London.

The post got a lot of comments, and a few shares on facebook. I told her I was paranoid about the guy finding out, although I have no reason to believe he reads such dating blogs. She told me not to worry, as 85% of her readers are American.
Now she wrote to me saying that one commenters has offered his/her advice and asked for my personal email. He/she wrote "I know it's an odd request, but you've seen my comments here and I believe that I have some advice she could use, advice that perhaps would best not be discussed in public blog comments. If it's not a problem with you or Anne, please send me her e-mail address so I can contact her one-on-one. It would be a pity if she let this newest development get to her."
I am a natural skeptic, I'm worried it's someone who knows me or him or something. However most of readers have really great advice. I'm wondering if I should give an alternate email address which doesn't have my full name?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment