Pages

Search blog and web

Serious help, people.

I debated whether or not to post this and where. You guys are pretty smart tho.

I mentioned that my BFF's husband was concerned about her drinking. She had told me she was concerned about HIS. He was hiding it. He quit. She is now buying 6 5ths at a time - they are lasting 2 weeks approximately. When she lived with me briefly (she moved here, he stayed to settle stuff, house, etc.) she only had 2-3 drinks a night, said it helped her sleep. Never saw her 'sloppy' and rarely tipsy.

Our girls were out with a group of friends last night and I thought she and hubby would have a nice V-day. He texted me saying she passed out at 5:30 and that their daughter hates seeing her mom drunk. I told him I thought he should go to AA and that he needed to stand up to her (apparently she gets mouthy?) and tell her like it is.

He also joked (God I hope so) that maybe we should just hook up. I put a lid on that QUICK. No way no how, not a married man and not a friend's man! Then he said j/k (but I'm not so sure). I also suggested MC and told him that he can't vent to me like this as I can't help him unless I can tell her.

I DO NOT like being in the middle. He was talking about sucking it up until the daughter is out of the home. If it's that serious I think she needs to know.

I don't care if I blow HIS cover but I worry about:
a) her blaming me for his being suggestive
b) her blaming me for him coming to me instead of her
c) both of the not talking and ending up splitting
d) both of them having drinking issues
e) the kid having to see/deal with drinking issues
f) and I'm not even supposed to know. Do I believe him? I texted her to ask when the girls were coming home and she did not answer until much later and said she had fallen asleep on the couch.

ARG. He is supposed to do some work at my house (I pay him to do yard work, gutters, etc. and he's to finish a BIG landscaping project to work off a loan). I'm really glad he's supposed to come the weekend my daughter is home. He made me uncomfortable but if I tell her that, it will cause a huge mess and I know it's just because I'm convenient and not really about me. It's just that he's unhappy and worried.

UG. Any ideas? Should I tell her he's concerned about her alcohol consumption or just stay out of it? I never see her like that so I can't say it's my own personal concern.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment