Pages

Search blog and web

Rant: hubby's mom is a leech

Well, the other day we are texting each other and she asks me about a debt my hubby has; she wants to know how it is going with paying it back, I tell her he hasn't even paid half of it back and he should give his coworkers their money by may the latest.
She says she wishes she could help. She's hasn't worked for about 30 years, always depending on others.
I tell her don't worry, we will make it.
A few days later she texts him moaning about her phone that is broken and basically wanting him to pay for a new one, which he is more than willing to do.
She doesn't need a smartphone, all she does is texting and calling but she will get one.
What I wonder is this: she knows he has a debt to pay for and goes and asks him once again for money; every month we struggle but whenever his mom visits he is ready to give her money for everything (she spends money every two days on booze and cigarettes) not thinking about us and his plans of saving up.
I tend for example to go for unbranded items when possible to save money but she goes shopping and buys for example branded washing liquid and fabric softener, when I have a lot at my house already. Why go and squander money that's not hers like that? (because of course she goes shopping with my hubby's card)
She will text him and say: I know you have bills to pay and I don't like to ask, but could you spare a few bucks?
Is it reasonable to expect him not to provide for her when he has me to think of first and when his mother could get off her a@@ and earn the money she wants? I am forced to give up lots of things because he has to spare money for her :mad:




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment