Pages

Search blog and web

Wife wants to meet me for lunch. Need advice

I've posted here a few times before but basically, I caught my wife cheating a few months ago. We've been trying to work things out but she never took responsibility and blamed me for her cheating. I was going to leave but ended up telling her to leave since she cheated. She blind sided me and left the day after Christmas. It ruined my son's Christmas. From the things she took, it doesn't look like she planned to come back. She took living room furniture, TVs, dishes, curtains, and even beer out of the fridge. I mean, who the hell does that. I took it pretty hard for the first couple days and I started to tell a few people I know what I have been going through. Surprisingly, I have a much better support system that I thought. As far as she is concerned, I do still have feelings for her. I just also feel that even though she may still love me, she does not respect me. She feels entitled to everything I have and she has been disrespecting me for years. She had a male friend helping move things out of my house and that makes me furious. What man goes into another man's house to take things out? I think it's disrespectful on both of their parts to do that. Since this is community property, I cannot legally keep her out of her even though I've already changed the locks. I did tell her that if she brings that mother****er over to my house again, he will be shot. I am not kidding either. He better not show his face on my street again. I've also told all of her friends about the cheating. She has a couple of big mouth friends and I only needed to tell them to get the word spread around. She called me furious about it because she said I am ruining her reputation. I told her that it's time for me to stop biting my tongue and now the world needs to see who she really is.

It is very shameful for someone of her culture to cheat on their husband. It shocked a few of her friends so much that they were crying as I told them over the phone. A few of them have called me with offers to meet and sit down and discuss things. They want to bring us together to talk and try to give the marriage another chance. I've declined every single invitation as I told them that my mind was made up and that I am moving forward with the divorce. What surprised me more was that she called me today in a good mood. Since she left, it's been nothing but arguing and pain for me when we talk. Today, she wished me happy New Year and asked what I was doing today. She said that if I was free, she wanted to meet up and eat lunch together. I told her I would be busy today but maybe some other time.

So, what should I do? In a perfect world, my family would still be together and we would be spending time in the house having fun like the good old days. She seemed happy to leave just a week ago but now, she seems like a different person. I don't know if this is genuine or if she is just under pressure from her friends and family to work things out with me. I know life is a lot harder for her now that she is on her own because before, I took care of 95% of the household financial responsibilities. Was I wrong to decline the lunch? Should I just keep pushing for divorce and not look back? Should I keep declining the invitations from her friends to get together and discuss things? Should I even move forward with the divorce now or should I wait a few months to see how I feel about things then? Any advice would be appreciated.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment