Pages

Search blog and web

Paranoia regarding a Facebook photo

  • Thread Starter

OK this is a bizarre and possibly somewhat complex story so here goes...

My ex-girlfriend an I have no longer been on friends on Facebook since we broke up a couple of years ago. Yet I am still friends with her father on Facebook. I'm not quite sure why I am Facebook friends with him seeing as I will never see him again, so I went onto his profile. But before deleting him I clicked on his wife's profile who I don't have as a friend. Why? I was being nosey. I looked through some photos and case across my ex. I looked at the picture and then clicked on her profile from where she had been tagged. She had a few pictures public and realising this was a bad idea, I left. I went back to her father's page and deleted him as I was supposed to have done.

The next morning I had this paranoid thought that I may have 'liked' the photo on her mum's wall. When I went back to look just to reassure myself, I discovered the photo had gone. Why? I can only think that I and my ex-gf no longer have mutual friends due to deleting her father [I had never been friends with the mother]. Maybe the father had uploaded an album only to be seen for friends, and the reason I saw my ex on the wife/mother's wall was because it was part of the father's album. The odd thing is I still have one mutual friend on both the mother and father's friend lists, yet none on the daughters. So it can't be that the photo or album was set to 'friends of friends' otherwise I'd still be able to see it.

It leaves me to think that I may have liked it and the photo has been changed to 'friends only'. I don't really want to message my ex and ask her, so if anyone can think of anything I am missing [other than my sanity] then please let me know - I'd be very grateful. Otherwise I'm going to assume I have liked it.

Thanks for getting this far - yes my head is spinning!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment