Pages

Search blog and web

Frustrated with custody!!!

:mad: I guess I need to vent tonight. I am the custodial parent of my 18 and 14 year old daughters. My ex husband and I have a flexible custody schedule. (What was I thinking??) I agreed to this, because he lived about a block away. Now he lives 60 miles away. He expects my daughter to drive to see him 3 times a week. Therefore they have to drive an hour to school on schooldays.

I have in the past "traded" days with him so my daughters could go to practice, games, friends, and church. So my ex considers those my days even though I don't really see them. So I put my foot down to get equal time, but he refuses. My girls are of the age they can choose to go or not, but they have no choice, because he will punish them for not coming to see him. I'm not trying to keep him from them, like he would like to believe. They are growing up and are not home as much and I just want my equal time with them.

My girls are scared to stand up to him. I'm a little afraid, because some how he will take it out on the girls and then I will give in. Never thought 5 years later I would still be having to deal with this bully.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment