Pages

Search blog and web

Narcissistic dad

  • Thread Starter

Somebody please help me understand things in my life!

I have finally realised what is wrong with my family and why I always thought I was going mad. My dad suffers from NPD and everything finally makes sense with regard to his behaviour. However my mum is still not ready to leave him and I can't do it by myself. I can't be selfish and leave my under age siblings behind with his abuse.

Someone has already reported my dad to social services and they did their bit and have put my siblings under a child protection plan but that hasn't changed my dad in any way - he is even more over bearing and his narcissism actually shows bright and clear now.

I am finding it so hard to shut everybody down and just think about me and escape , it's just not something I feel I am able to do.

The funny thing is I love my siblings and care about them but my dad has brought us up and damaged our relationship between us that there is no way we communicate about the issues in life to each - we find it too difficult and awkward.

I am also fed up of explaining to my mum that she is hurting us by staying in this abusive relationship but she fails to understand - her only thinking is that children shouldn't grow up without their father.

I actually wish that my siblings are taken into care so because anything is better than here. I wish I could take them with me and run away but I know I would probably get done for kidnapping . Argh - so frustrated right now just want to die

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment