Pages

Search blog and web

I met the girl of my dreams and she's just not interested

  • Thread Starter

Warning: vent/life story incoming:


I know the whole "girl of my dreams" stuff is incredibly cliché, but SERIOUSLY!

You know you have your idea of your absolutely perfect girl (or guy) in your head right? The one you never expect to meet or are even sure exists but they're fun to imagine. Well one day I walked into work and mine was standing in front of me!!

It was her first day and as luck would have it she was working in the same area as me. As the days/weeks went on we became friends, exchanged numbers and began to chat a little bit via text/whatsapp.

Everything seemed to just line up perfectly like us getting shifts and lunchbreaks together without even planning to, and as we happen to live very near eachother we used to go home together as well... but I was never quite able to get her out for anything outside of work despite mentioning drinks/meals etc... A few times. I always sort of knew that she wasn't interested in that way but still persisted in the hope that I could get somewhere.

Unfortunately stuff went down at work and she no longer works with me, but we are still in contact and have met up for drinks a few times since then - once was even back at her place where we ended up just drinking and chatting all night until the sun came up.
I ended up staying at hers on that night and nothing happened but I thought it was a good sign nonetheless. I never really got the impression from her that she liked me in that way though despite all of this - she's never really been flirty and always acted like more of a mate than anything else (unfortunately)

After going out together on NYE (in a group with other friends too) I now know beyond all doubt that she doesn't like me in that way and has eyes for someone else too.

Even though I pretty much gathered this already the confirmation has hit me and I'm absolutely gutted.

I've liked girls before and it hasn't worked out but I've always thought the usual "plenty more fish in the sea" rubbish that you hear, the thing is with this one I genuinely can't see anyone else topping her.

She's honestly the best looking girl I've ever seen, we have the same sense of humour etc etc etc... She even has bonus things like my favourite accent too. I could go on but you get the idea. The problem I have now is that I seem to automatically compare every girl I meet to her in my head and she always wins - I don't mean to sound like a douche by the way, but I can't help it.


I don't want to stop talking to her and "move on" because we do actually get on well as friends and always seem to have a good laugh together, but is that going to do me more harm than good? I just don't really know what to do next. Opinions?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment