Pages

Search blog and web

Crush on my housemate dilemma!

  • Thread Starter

I've lived with him for nearly a year and a half - first year in halls, and half of second year in our own house with the same flatemates from Year 1.

Me, him and another male friend have all gottten really close and I think we all consider each other really good / best friends now, and we've also started a band. To make this easier, lets call the guy I like Chris and the other guy Gary.

My old school friends have been teasing me about liking Gary because I have more in common with him, and talk about him more - we are basically on the same course and I see him everyday. We get on really well and sometimes I feel there is something more there...but I'm really not physically attracted to him, which should be important in any intimate light.

So Chris, I feel so comfortable around him. I realised that he is more similar to me in nature than Gary, and I therefore understand him a lot more. He is as close with his family as I am with mine, and we connect on random things like culture - he's white and I'm black, but he seems to like Afro-Caribbean things like music styles, and food. So I feel that I like him 'deeper' than Gary.

To cut it short, we also live with another couple who have made the dynamics of the house change in good and bad ways, and if there is another couple in the house Gary would be the only single person and perhaps third-wheeled?

I definitely have a crush on Chris and its growing the more time I spend with him, which is mainly in the evenings (Mon-Fri) and weekends. I sometimes get the feeling he likes me, like when we have prolonged eye contact or 'intimate' moments when we are closer or touching each other, but nothing obvious. I really don't want to ruin a friendship, but I want to build on it perhaps in a new way!

Should I pursue it, wait for a clearer sign, or get over my feelings (which will be difficult)?

Thanks for any advice!! :)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment