Pages

Search blog and web

What to do?

I split up with my only Love almost 20 years ago. It was on a different continent, during a civil war. We were of different ethnicities and got separated by the war. We both just turned 20, when the war started (and were in relationship for 3 years before then). We kept constant contact for the first two years (letters, phone calls), then ended it - she was under too much pressure by her parents to stop all contacts with me.
We kept occasional contacts for the next year or so, then I decided to move on. I immigrated to US, after a few tries entered a stable relationship, and eventually got married. Kids came soon after. However, I never stopped loving her.
We got in contact again 10 years ago, wanted to do something more, but I was married with a kid, so we (painfully) decided that staying apart is the best option. We lost the contact again. For the next couple of years we were both fighting (clinical) depression, but managed to overcome it.
I tried to become a model father and husband. My family and I have lived normal and stable life. My wife has always loved me. I love her too, but more as a friend to whom I don't want to do any harm, not as a true love for which I'd move mountains...
Six months ago, my Love contacted me once more (online). Flames got ignited again... She never got married I learned. She still wanted to grow old with me. I want that as well. But I waited for six months, for all hormones to "wash" themselves away, before admitting anything.
Six months has passed, and I still feel the same. However, I am torn - how can I choose between loving wife and happy children on one side and Love of my life on the other?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment