Pages

Search blog and web

Does anyone else get really, really worried they will never have children?

I'm not talking about right now, even if it was possible (but its not, because i'm not sexually active) - I wouldn't want a child now because I'm only 22 and would obviously ideally want to be in a stable relationship/job etc first.But I really honestly can never see myself in a relationship and consequently eventually with a child, and it really bothers me - not just a niggle, I'm thinking about it everyday and end up in tears over it regularly and it just gets worse the closer to graduating I get, I sort of link graduation to this big black hole of loneliness where everyone I know is going to marry off and have kids and i'm just going to be left alone.

I am very unattractive, my confidence is extremely low, I've always been incredibly love shy and get so anxious around guys I can barely make conversation with them let alone anything else, i've never flirted in my life, I wouldn't even know where to start! Plus i'm so ugly/awkward they aren't interested anyway unless its to take the mickey. So it probably goes without saying that i've never been in a relationship or even had a fling or anything.

That's not meant to sound wierd and full on like my plan is to meet men with the sole purpose of having children - my point is more that if I can't even speak to men now then how am I ever going to get to meet someone who I could potentially have a child with in years to come? I've already had one round of unsuccessful therapy to try and deal with self esteem issues/social anxiety but it hasn't helped and so I'm just getting even more fearful that i'll never be able to have a child, because until I manage to change I don't see how I can!

I'm finding my final year of uni a bit difficult due to persistent mild depression/anxiety and I think my worry about never having a family is a pretty big contributing factor to why i'm finding it difficult to shake. My mum was 26 when she had me, that's only 4 years older than I am now! Ugh :(




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment