Pages

Search blog and web

My MIL is a pain in the ass

Story: I came home from work tonight just feeling a little down and depressed. My job has been stressful lately and I've been in a bad mood. 3 year old daughter has been sick since Tuesday and tonight when I get home she's coughing her head off. I'm already irritated. Then I see the kitchen is a complete wreck and my wife is paying little attention to me, per usual when our daughter is awake. Frustration boils over and I said "well looks like this is going to be a ****ty weekend and no one is gonna get any sleep around here bc xxx is still sick."

Wife got mad at this, and I cant argue with that - comment was probably out of line. Well then she turns around and texts her mom what I said word for word. Mom has been a problem and source of tension for awhile because I think she's too meddling and my wife tells her pretty much everything that goes on and ALWAYS tells her when we are fighting which I think is inappropriate when we are both 30 years old.

Anyway, I read her mothers response and it says "omg, I can't believe he said that, should I come over there and slap some sense into him?" "maybe he should just go sleep at his parents house tonight!"

So at this point I'm raging. What, if anything should I do about my toxic MIL. I'd like to confront her and give her a piece of my mind but that probably isn't prudent. I've tried talking to my wife about my unhappiness with her telling her mother everything. That got me nowhere fast and I concluded her behavior isnt likely to change.

Any thoughts on this? Am I just overreacting?
Posted via Mobile Device




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment