Pages

Search blog and web

Boundaries and kids

I feel like I'm always trying to do what's best for the kids. Unfortunately since I'm the only one doing this I often get taken advantage of at walked on by my ex. For example 3 weeks ago I was invited to dinner and it would have made me late so I texted ex to see if he minded. He said he ha plans so I didn't go. Last Friday I had a horrible migraine (1st one in 2 years) and he was off for 5 days between jobs. I texted and asked if he could keep the kids. No response and he dropped them off so he could go hiking. Then Sunday he texts me and says he has a date can I pick the kids up at 5 instead of 6. I did. No problem. Tuesday I had a court hearing at 3 and our youngest woke up vomiting. I texted him to ask if he could help out as I can't leave a sick kid with a sitter. No response. Then Wednesday night at 9:30 pm he texts me saying how he has to go into work now at 7:45 and doesn't know how he's going to her the kids to school. I texted back an d said "I'm sorry, hope you figure it out". He comes back texting all sorts of horrible things about how I'm being mean because he has a girlfriend blah blah blah. I explained that because his help is never reciprocated I will no longer be bending over backwards for him. Especially when he knew all week that this would be the case. Long story short I caved because I felt guilty.

I know doing more than he deserves and I need to art some boundaries. What is appropriate to help with and what isn't? Where do you draw the line?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment