Pages

Search blog and web

My Complete Inability to trust Men

Hiya
I have a problem... I'm a 17 year old girl and two years ago I found out that my mum was very brutally raped and almost murdered by a complete stranger. When I found out, I had only started my period for a few months and had no experience yet with boys. It happened a few years before I was born, and after she told me I became obsessed by it and obsessed by him, I have such a burning hatred towards the man it makes me feel like I could do anything if someone tripped my wire. I saw a counsellor about it and she said because my baby photos were in the paper after the trial, photos of me with 'rape' written above them, and because I have a bad relationship with my dad and knew very little about sex through personal experience, in a way mum's story WAS my first sexual experience in my head. I used to have nightmares about it, and when I did have sex and lose my virginity I got these vile images that made me want to be sick. The counsellor also said that the way I spoke about it wa s like it had happened to me, because of my nightmares and fear of the opposite sex
As a result, I find being friends with boys so hard. I'm so afraid of them, I hate it when they make sexual jokes and I don't like how physically they are stronger. I like men in TV shows and in bands because I know I'll never meet them, they are of no risk to me. My closest male friends are all gay. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I get a lot of male attention, however I've never been able to go out with a boy for more than 3 weeks because of this fear. I hate walking into clubs and having men grab me like I'm a piece of meat. It freaks me out and reinforces my lack of confidence with guys.
I want to meet a guy I really like, someone who I can feel safe with, but I feel I'll never know until I can start a proper conversation with them first... I'm sure I'm not gay though.
I was wondering does anyone else have similar experiences through bad relationships with men? Has anyone overcome this????




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment