Pages

Search blog and web

Should I end this now?

Hi,

I have been seeing a guy for a few months now. We have a wonderful connection both in and out of bed and i know he loves me and wants to be with me. When we met the timing wasn't good. I had just recently ended my 26 year relationship and made it clear that I had plans to be on my own for a while. even knowing that he wants me to move in but I won't.

lately I have seen some warning signs. He has been unhappy for a long time and tells me I am the best thing in his life. I feel from our conversations that he is placing a lot of pressure on us and on me to fix things.

He is ex forces and I am sure he has had a lot of trauma from that and from his shaky upbringing - I know that he has gotten into fights before on a number of occasions. I didn't have a happy childhood but there was little to no violence and violence scares me.

I think he has a drink problem. A couple of times now he has had too much to drink and tries to cause an argument - he questions me about what I have been doing and says things like you're going to leave me. Which makes me want to leave him.

I was staying at his house on Friday night when he did this. I would have left there and then but was worried about his reaction while he was in a drunk state. The next morning I took my bag and left. He knows he has caused this and is desperately sorry and wants me to reconsider but I think I should end it. I love him but I am not strong enough to take this. I do have a tendency for self preservation but don't want to cut off my nose to spite my face. Any advice would be appreciated.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment