Pages

Search blog and web

Really Need Advice - Controlling Girlfriend

Okay,

So my girlfriend and I have been dating for over six months now. We have been a "thing" for more than a year. Here is the problem. As we have grown closer she has in my mind become more controlling over me. It started off with little things and now it has gotten worse. First of all EVERY text message, phone call, email (work to), Facebook comment, and normal conversation I have with anyone I must show her or tell her about immediately as it happens. I recently got laid off and I have decided to take this time to go back to college and get my bachelors degree and also start my own business. Well I was a web designer and I have a few clients who want things done during the week that I work on. Anyways all day long I have to tell her exactly what I am doing and if like 20 minutes goes by I get a text asking what I am doing or what I have been up to. I just feel like I'm constantly being checked on. Next she is always upset with me when I don't do things her way. Example was one time we were meeting "her" friend and his fiance for beers. Well I was supposed to eat before hand but we were meeting them at dinner time and I was not hungry before I left to pick her up so I decide to just get an appetizer when we got to the place. Well it became a fight because I didn't eat anything. And it was rude. Well long story short her friend hadn't eaten either so it all worked out but it was a fight all night long because I just blew her off when she was upset about it. Also we text constantly all day long. I am required to call her every morning when we wake up. She is also alway jealous of everything I do. If I have to work for a client or something she gets jealous. And also I am not allowed to go out with my friends alone but if she wants to have a girls night then she does it. Also she expects me to "lead" this relationship and make all the decisions but when I do she just changes them on me anyways.
She shows very little affection to me I am usually shows it. We have broken up a few times over the past few months but have ended up back together.

So I guess with this little bit of background is this a controlling Girlfriend? Is there anything I can do about it? I just feel like I'm being babysat all the time. Now mind you she is 23 and I am 27 years old. So it's not like I am younger.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment