Pages

Search blog and web

Brother going cold

I was debating sharing this with everyone, but I am still struggling to wrap my mind around it. Anyways, got a family problem here and my main question for you all as I share this is what sort of position, action, or mindset should I stride for in response to this quick turn of events.

My brother is in his late 20s and has been married for 4 or so years to a woman he had been dating for 5-6 years prior. They have a 2 year old son and she is pregnant with a daughter due this fall. About a month ago, my brother decided he wanted out of the marriage because he wasn't happy, and they are currently not living together.

The bitter details are in regards to his perspective on all of this. He has been almost entirely absent emotion. Not crying, depressed, etc. He does not want to play any major role in the child's lives now, and since his son has been with the wife since this all started, he said he has been extremely happy that they are not around. I bet he could move across the country right now and never miss anyone. He has no friends and rarely meets people he cares for yet views himself as a near perfect being. He doesn't view social relationships as 'connecting' with people but just as 'interactions'. However, I don't want to paint him as a devil, he shows signs of guilt and remorse. Whether its due to believing people expect him to feel that way or because he truly does is unknown.

My closing statements is I have been largely in the background for all of this. I haven't really talked to him at all, and I haven't "picked" a side. I do feel sympathy for the child as his innocence does not deserve this. I certainly don't hate my brother, and really blame both of them for this. She excused much of his lack of involvement in the relationship when it was so blatantly obvious to us he was never fully involved in his marriage. She was truly blinded by love. I suppose all of this is a good first look, I can share more if requested.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment