Pages

Search blog and web

Do you guys ever feel a need to help other men that are doormats but don't know it?

I'm just curious about folks thoughts on this. My neighbor to me is a stand up dude. From the outside looking in he appears to be a good father and husband. My issue is with his wife. Don't get me wrong she is nice to everyone. Except him.

Even in casual conversation around people she is always putting him down. She'll say things like "he never would have had a chance with her when she was younger". She berates his lack of income but he is actually doing pretty well. She makes a fraction of what he does.

He also isn't allowed to go anywhere. And by anywhere I mean even a ten minute errand is disallowed. When she talks bad about him he is standing right there and doesn't even say anything.

She will also talk bad about him when its just me. When this happens I point out his good qualities. Basically she sees herself as cool and him as a dork.

I've invited him over to watch a ball game on numerous occasions and he seems to look forward to it but she always shuts it down. I was actually hoping to have him witness how a couple that respects one another lives.

Its really bugging me, but I don't think I can really offer him much help because I'm not really close enough to him to give him this type of advice. At this point I've just resigned myself to watching him get verbally abused and taking it. You know its bad when my wife talks about it.

Sorry, I just needed to vent. I don't think it would be right for me to tell him to grow a pair. It really isn't my business. But geez its so hard to see day in and day out. He's dang near 50 so I doubt he'll change anyway.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment