Pages

Search blog and web

Abusive relationship, or is it my fault?

Basically I formed a friendship with a taken girl whilst doing some volunteer work. We chat for hours, hang around, and have recently being texting and Facebook chatting a lot.

Anyway, yesterday we were having a random conversation on Facebook, we were talking about seeing each other today, as we were both supposed to be volunteering. Then out of nowhere, she came out with "I'm sorry but I'm going to have to block you from Facebook as it's causing arguments with my boyfriend". She didn't turn up today either, even though minutes before she was speculating about it pretty fondly.

I really like her but we both know that neither of us will overstep the boundary, and I respect that she's in a relationship. I just don't know if this is a case of her boyfriend being far too controlling and potentially abusive, as it just seemed so weird that she could shut me out so easily. Or is it just a case of she loves her boyfriend so much that I'm a necessary sacrifice, and she doesn't really, deep down care about our friendship?

Either way, I'm kind of gutted. I sent her a text apologising if I caused anything, and that I'd stop contacting her if that's what she really wanted. No reply.

Should I just leave this altogether and forget about her, or should I try and talk to her, as if she is in an abusive relationship then I feel bad about just leaving it all?

So confused.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment