Pages

Search blog and web

Struggling on my own with post infidelity

Some of you already know my story:

http://ift.tt/1nTO7Hg

Basically I am moving towards divorce and the separation has already started. Wife had been cheating for 2 years with a co-worker during our marriage, but signs of trouble only started a year ago. I tried for a year but it was too late, she was in too deep. No remorse on her part when I uncovered it and she still tried to deny it. We have 2 small kids 4yr and 2yr.

Feeling two strong emotions right now.

Doubt, "What if". What if I paid more attention, what if I did this instead or been more romantic after the kids. I really did want to keep the family together.

Distrust. I look around and see a woman and think how can I ever trust anyone again. I'm not looking for a relationship. I know I'm not anywhere near ready. But I'm beginning to think loyalty and respect are the exception and that makes me depressed. People just want to get laid.

At this point in my life I expected things to grow into a phase of deep love and friendship. Something I thought we had. Is anyone interested in that anymore?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment