Pages

Search blog and web

Advice meeting new women?

  • Thread Starter

Anon as I know people on this site.

So here's the situation- I was in a long term relationship for around 3 years, my first ever relationship at University, with a girl who I ended up really falling in love with. We went through quite a lot emotionally, and though I felt our relationship had gotten stronger through those dark times, I guess she felt differently. In any case, by September last year, she broke up with me.

I went through quite a long spiral of depression as a result; A lot of it was because I didn't feel she really gave me an explanation why we broke up, and when I tried to bring it up, she decided to shut me out of her life entirely. During those months, a close relative of mine died, I had a fight with my parents that resulted in sleeping on floors of friends' houses and I couldn't find a job beyond very low paid cleaning work (this was while I was finishing my law practitioners course).

Since then, I've slowly got back on my feet again- I've got a decent paid job, sorted things out at home, started running/cycling and even started to learn the piano. Things were looking up, and after almost half a year of sadness, grief and pain, things began looking up.

I recently found out that my ex has been dating someone for the past 2 months, which has come as a shock to me- especially as I'm still in the process of getting over her. But I think the only way I can do this is really by meeting other women, Currently, my ;'social life' consists of semi-professional networking with other lawyers (most of the female lawyers ive come across tend to either have boyfriends, or more interested in the archetypal power suit- slick hair types) and playing squash with middle aged men.

Basically, I need to meet more women, and I'm not sure how. So if anyone's got advice on how to get over my ex, and how to meet girls in my situation, that'd be super. Thanks!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment