Pages

Search blog and web

My pregnant wife had an "emotional" affair...

My wife and I have been married for 4 years. She is 4 months pregnant with our 1st child and recently returned from a trip to visit her family in California (we live on the east coast). Her flight was delayed and I looked in her email account for a confirmation number to check the status, and found evidence of an emotional affair with another man. This individual lives in Las Vegas and is a friend from her past.

The content:
- sexual emails about what they would do to each other
- the other man sending her communication about wanting to be a good husband to her
- the other man sending her communication about co-parenting

I confronted her upon return and she confirmed the information that I read was accurate and that she had been talking to him for 3 months. As expected cried, she apologized, says that it was daydreaming, admitted to kissing him in LA, and asked to go to marriage counseling to save our marriage. She contacted him that evening to tell him that she will not be talking to him again, etc, etc, etc.

For full disclosure, I have not had an affair. I am a level headed person. I love my wife and believe in the vows that we made to each other, but I cannot get past the fact that my pregnant wife would talk to another man about (1) being married to him and (2) raising my unborn child with him. Daydream or not, this feels worse than finding them together in my bed.

Part of me wants to save my marriage, and part of me wants a divorce due to these actions.

Has anyone out there found success in marriage counseling to reconcile these issues?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment