Pages

Search blog and web

Left wife temporarily for job

Hello there, my first post here.

The situation: married for two years, full-time job (salaried engineer), part-time grad school (online). My wife and I lived upstate NY until this past January when I left for a very enticing job offer in Phoeniz, AZ. My wife was against it but did not protest too much. I thought she would move here in a few months (after she sells our house).

I have been attentive (I think), flew home at least 5 times in the past four months, she came here for a week (last week). She told me that she is thinking about a divorce because I left her there.

I have always thought that I will take this very well paid job to secure our future but she thinks I took it because having a good job is my priority... Recently she went to a counselor (we had one session together just before I left) who told her that her priorities are "husband, family, job, education" and my priorities are "job, education, wife, family".

Is that wrong? I need a good job to secure my future family, I need good education to get the first and stay secured even as I get older.

It took me some time to realize my priorities... I'd like to go back to where she is and even take some not as well paid job, just to make her happy. A large company has an opening- but my wife asked me if I am serious! How come I think I can just show up at the door and say I'm home, honey...

What did I do wrong?

My wife is a very smart person and is not fickle at all (she has a PhD and works at a college).

Thank you,

Tom

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment